Leave it to Instagram to dictate my next blog post idea! On Instagram you may have noticed a lot of people sharing 5 interesting things about them. I was asked to share my personal interesting things but decided to make a fun blog post instead. Plus, I simply couldn’t narrow it down to just 5 things.
I’ve been blogging for four years now and have kept most of my personal stuff pretty much away from this forum. After launching the rebranding of the blog this year it got me thinking about wanting to share a little more than just fashion. So here are a few interesting and silly facts about me:
20 interesting and silly facts about me…
- I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. My family migrated to Brooklyn, NY when I was six years old.
- I’m fluent in English and Spanish and can read Italian and French.
- I cook Spanish, American and Italian cuisine, Irish and some Vietnamese cuisine.
- My very first after-school job was at a Dunkin Donuts. Nowadays I prefer Starbucks…
- I met my first love at age 19. We married 5 years later.
- When I meet people for the first time most think our daughter is from a second marriage. There’s a 12 year gap between her and the youngest son.
- I’m slightly OCD. I tend to rearrange things if I find them out of place, at home, at the mall or anywhere.
- My sons are each less than 12 months apart and have the three main eye colors: the oldest has brown, middle son has green and youngest son has blue.
- I have an intense fear of heights and I hate having to fly.
- I was a synchronized swimmer in high school.
- I went stag to my H.S. senior prom. I was also crowned Queen of the prom.
- I get car sick when I sit in the back.
- I hate my freckles and double up on foundation to hide them.
- Neither my husband or I wear our wedding rings. However I’ll wear mine on special family occasions and events.
- I’m disgusted by reptiles and hate all kinds of things and creatures that slither and slide!
- I’m completely blind in the dark.
- Favorite book, “The Great Gatsby.”
- I relish alone time.
- I’m not an introvert but I prefer a small group of friends.
- I’m a baptized and active Jehovah’s Witness since 2007.
And with that, I’m looking forward to sharing more with you from here on out!
what I‘m wearing…